Wednesday, June 13, 2007

what is left of life, love and drugs

She called me, she needed confirmation that everything was going to be ok. yes, indeed, half of west hollywood was hungover, broken and doing the walk of shame the day after gay pride 2007, I tell her. You are not alone. Thank god. what is wrong with me? she asks. Just you being young, single, and free. But I'm an alcoholic, she says. No you're not.

Gay Pride should be on a saturday. of course, I could care less, I never go anymore. No dyke march. none of that. that was part of my youth, even though Joan Jett played this year. I just can't handle walking in crowds. sweaty crowds, high on drugs, or drunk. and no, i'm not some self-righteous sober gal, please, I still party, and stay up all night, I just like to do it in the privacy of my home, or my friends' homes, or some low key dive bar.

Plus, I work. I'm obsessed with work. I guess I'd rather spend my Sunday writing a song, or jamming with musicians drinking white wine, spending a quiet afternoon with my love at the movies or a museum, or poolside with friends and mojito's and gimlets. Hanging out with a bunch of strangers on Santa Monica Blvd (or Castro St) bouncing around from club to party to club to party, doing lines of cocaine, has left me left me completely. Like I said if Pride were on a Saturday, maybe I'd go, but who knows, I'd probably be just a likely to still stay at home, or hang with the hetero's. Who really knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment